Monday, January 31, 2005

Money Changes Everything

"I'd like to live as a poor man with lots of money." -- Pablo Picasso

Today was payday, THANK GOD!! If you're not a teacher, the pain of the seven-week period from the middle of December to the end of January might not be one you're familiar with. Even the most clever money manager would be pressed to keep all the financial balls in the air during January. I have a name for this time of month: Ramen and Rice Poor. This was something a friend of mine and I started when I was living in Japan, but the idea carries.

I now have cat food, food for me, and even a few things non-edible. My kids will have pencils for the classroom, and I have ink for my printer. I had a meal that didn't involve yelling into a clown's mouth and driving past a window. What an abundance of riches!

Every once in awhile, I take a look at what constitutes "riches" for me, and I have to laugh. At least I am easily pleased.

No deep philosophy tonight...just a slice of the daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....