Monday, July 25, 2005

This and That

I made the mistake of going to school today. As it turned out, it was actually a good thing I did. After waxing my floors, they had just sort of thrown furniture in and shut the door. Mom had come with me, and after three hours, we got it sorted again. I HATE it when people mess with my little kingdom.

The room is almost ready to go. I still have quite a lot of paperwork to generate and photocopy, but I feel pretty good, all things considered. Of course, this is the point when when things fall out from under the feet....

I took several postcards and some other things I'd bought on the trip to my room today. Looking at them again and placing them really brought back some parts of it. I still can't get over how much we saw and did in those 21 days. A lot of it, whether it's because of stress, jetlag, or causes undiscovered, feels almost dreamlike now, but that always happens after travel.

I still want to go back. Looking at the postcards of Bath, I realized how little time we wound up with there. It looked like such a charming city, but we were on a schedule. I'd like to go and spend a couple of days there. Jane Austen wrote of it frequently, and there's a museum dedicated to her there. I also would like to see the baths themselves again when I wasn't totally distracted and disgusted with behavioral issues. I was so tired and distracted when we went through that it's mostly a blur.

Right now, even though I just got home, I have itchy travel feet again. It's because it's a period of change. Once I get "in harness" for the year, I'll settle down. Right now, though, I feel like I could fly off in any direction. Although I never liked Mary Poppins at all, I sort of envy her that umbrella. It must be nice to unfurl it into a likely breeze and fly away.

I get like this whenever there's something I can't resolve. I'm still turning the unresolved issue of the sweet guy over and over in my mind. You'd think it would round off the sharp edges, kind of like a rock in a tumble polisher. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work that way. It just keeps stabbing me at odd moments and making me want to pack camera, "adventure girl" hat, and run off somewhere to take my mind off it.

Soon enough, school will dominate all, and maybe I'll have five minutes of peace from it. In the meantime, I'm going to spend as much time as possible making stuff for school and gathering my resources. I WILL beat this thing. I always have in the past, and I will this time, too. There's no other option when there's no hope of any other conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....