Monday, July 18, 2005

Yeah, Still Sick

Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change. ~Author Unknown

I had a crazy day today. I started out at the dentist...two invisible cavities that will have to be filled. They used a "space age" laser tool to find them. It was wacky. When they touch your tooth, if there's a problem, it makes a low buzzing noise a little like an electronic raspberry. Both my back molars buzzed. :( Although the decay can't yet be seen, they're going to have to be drilled and filled. Crap. Those make fillings 2 and 3 respectively. My perfect record is shot.

After the dentist, I went to school to sign my contract. I found that technology had not filled my workorder, that our test scores were back, but not very good, and that I have to go work at registration tomorrow. Ack, ack, ack. It also appears that a great deal of room shifting has taken place and very few people will be in the same rooms as last year.

Since I had a huge coughing fit in the parking lot after climbing up and down to my room, I decided to go on to the doctor. He shot me full of decadron and gave me an antibiotic, etc. for 10 days. I was running a lowgrade fever and felt like crap most of the rest of the day. Only within the last couple of hours have I been able to get up and around. I almost waited too late to go this time. He said it was my usual sinus crap but it had already started to morph into bronchitis. I'm glad I went. It always takes forever to get over bronchitis.

There are so many things I need to do to get ready for school. That last minute sense of panic has set in since I went up to my room. I am going to spend whatever time I can steal tomorrow working on stuff and am going to go ahead and move some plants back. I'm looking forward to hanging my Union Jack and the other things I got on my trip. I am more excited about teaching Brit Lit now than I had been since I've seen some of the places and experienced some of the culture.

This week, which I had intended to be a week of rest, is going to turn into a week of frantic preparation and doctors' visits. Oh well. Welcome back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....