Saturday, June 09, 2012

Packing...Again

I HATE packing.  Hate it.  I wish I had magic little elves who could do it for me.  There is always a debate about which piece of luggage to use, the big monster I have that holds EVERYTHING but frequently makes me run overweight if I'm not really careful or the smaller and more maneuverable case that doesn't leave much space for bringing things home.  This trip, to avoid having to repack at the gate coming home, I'm taking the small one.  Let's hope this doesn't turn into a mistake.

One thing I am trying this time that I already love is the packing cube system.  Mine are Eagle Creek, but I think several companies make them.  I have three, and they corralled all my garments. I had several of the compressor bags already, and between the cubes and the compressors, everything is tightly organized and compartmentalized.  This way, if TSA gets after my bags, they should go back together neatly.  They will also pack and unpack fast.

It never ceases to amaze me how much there is to getting ready for a trip.  There is always one more thing left to do, to clean, to take care of.  I have been trying to get everything rounded up for this one for a long time now, but now, it's the night before and I still have many little things on my list that aren't checked off.

Fortunately, for once, my flight isn't leaving at the crack of dawn.  I am going to take care of a few more things, shoo Pearl off my suitcase (her method of protesting my leaving involves a great deal of grey cat hair on the exterior), and get a little sleep.  Before I go to bed, I'll make sure all the electronics are charging so the final syncs and packing of all the gadgets can be done when I get up (one more little travel chore that seems trivial but actually takes time).

It will all be worth it when I get there.  I am so excited for this trip.  If I just keep telling myself that everything I'm doing is getting me that much closer to Brazil, then it will all seem worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....