Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Swollen Ankles, Chocolate Bonbons, and the Perfect Pizza

Today was a marathon of meetings.  I had a lot of great cross-cultural experiences which I probably won't discuss much here as I need to save something for the other blog.  After it was all done, I found myself back at the food court again for dinner. That wasn't such a bad thing.  I think about half the group went to a bar by the lake, but I just wasn't quite up to barring tonight.  We had so much today that it didn't even sound good.

I had been told before I came to make sure I tried the pizza, so merrily to the pizza stand I went.  They were out of the stuff for the four cheese pizza which was what everybody has been telling us we MUST EAT, so I had pepperoni instead.  You just cannot go wrong with pepperoni.  It doesn't matter where you are; this is always a good option.

I ran down to the little store in the basement of the mall again for a few more Sonho de Valsa and I brought myself back hotelward after that.  My ankles are hugely swollen still from the flight.  I hate that.  Anytime I fly or drive a really long time, it takes days for my body to adjust.  I look like the marshmallow girl around my ankles, and no amount of water I drink seems to help.  Now, I'm on my bed with my laptop playing fluffish music finishing up my presentation for tomorrow with my feet up.  Soon it will be bedtime.

I will write up today tomorrow more than likely.  I just need to get a little rest tonight.  Maybe tomorrow my feet won't look be silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....