Friday, June 22, 2012

That Moment When

In every trip, there comes that moment when it becomes necessary to just walk away.  I had mine this afternoon.  I suppose it was about time, really.  It's almost the last day.  All the shine has worn off.  People are tired.  Perhaps they're not at their best.  I know I could use a long hot shower, some clean clothes that are not the ones I've been wearing for two weeks straight, and the sight of the people and places I love.

When the moment came, I felt everything in me rise up and declare war.  What I did was make myself quiet and still, tap my finger as a release mechanism, and wait.  And then, when the opportunity presented itself, I just got the hell out.

What good would have done to say what I was thinking?  It might have felt good at the time, but probably I would have regretted it later, if for no other reason than that it would have further soured what has been mostly a good trip more than the actions of the other individual had done.

Tomorrow, it will be gone, something ephemeral in the wind.  For now, a little solitude and a little music are powerful and necessary healers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....