Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Things I Am Learning in Brazil

(a list)

  • To let it go (whatever it is...stolen credit card, stressful year, premade plans)
  • To go with God
  • To be hugged
  • To buy the thing when I see the thing if I want the thing at all
  • To take more pictures than I possibly think I could ever want
  • To drink the wine
  • To try to other stuff, too
  • To fold up like origami again
  • To see slices of Mississippi between the leaves of banana trees
  • To buy perfume
  • To drink the coffee
  • To feed monkeys bananas
  • To buy the Havianas with the little jewels on the thongs
  • To wear clothes twice (or more) and do laundry in the sink
  • To be on TV.  A lot.
  • To communicate in a mixture of bad Portuguese, middling Spanish, and flailing hands
  • To look around and try to remember everything because I know all too soon, this is going to be over. I will still have with me all the things I have learned, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....