Friday, June 08, 2012

Random

(what it says on the tin)

  • What does our TV say about us as a culture?  I've been watching some daytime TV (and by that I mean things like reruns of I Love Lucy, Criminal Intent, and Doctor Who) while I've been home, and the commercials just blow me away.  If, as psychology classes will tell you, commercials indicate the values of a culture, we are obsessed with some pretty horrible and depressing stuff.  Just sayin'.
  • Still not packing.  Once again, a trip is upon me and I have not yet begun to pack.  I feel stubborn about this, too.  I will do it this evening.  I just want a little bit of time that is peaceful.  
  • The multi-gesture pad on this new laptop takes some getting used to.  I have reduced the size of the font on this screen to the point of not being able to read it at all twice now.  Yeaah.  The messing it up was easy.  The undoing of it, somehow, was not.
  • I'm going back to scarf weather in Brazil.  This makes me a lot happier than it should.
  • I'm looking forward to having stuff to photograph again.  Just thinking about having my camera in hand makes me smile.  I haven't been out with it in awhile.  It will be good to be in a place where I can see new things and try to capture them.  I enjoy that part of travel maybe most of all.
  • Tonight I need to teach my parents how to use Google video chat.  You may laugh hysterically now.  No.  I'm not selling tickets.  
Off to slack more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....