Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Floating

I got a headache today during 6th period and had to take some Advil. You wouldn't think something as generic as Advil would have a very strong effect, but I've been floating about three feet off the floor since it kicked in. It's not a particularly pleasant feeling. Tylenol doesn't do this to me, but then again, Tylenol won't kill one of these headaches, either.

Most of the time my headaches just bring pain, but whenever I sort of "head one off at the pass" with meds, my brain feels like a cable has been unhooked. I can't string sentences, and driving home is always an adventure. This trip home, I found myself staring at the shifting clouds and thinking, "Ooohhh, pretty!" Fortunately, traffic was light and the roads were dry. I don't know exactly how long the clouds had fascinated me, but I can't really remember leaving town.... There are days when I think living somewhere near the school would be very, very nice.

Anyway, I made it home. I've had my leftovers for dinner, and I'm going to take a good shower and go to bed. It's still daylight, but I'm still floating, so I can't really see the point in trying to do anything that involves any of the higher order brain functions. Rain on the roof ought to make for a nice nap or evening's rest. Maybe when I get up, my brain will have "rebooted" and I'll be able to function like a normal (okay, as close as I ever get, anyway) person again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....