Sunday, August 05, 2007

Jekyll

I watched the premiere of the BBC series Jekyll last night, and I have to say that I'm more impressed with it than I've been with a TV show in a long, long time.

The premise is intriguing; the main character is somehow a direct descendant of Dr. Henry Jekyll (yes, from the book), who turns out to have been a real person. There is a sketchy "super agency" after him, possibly governmental, possibly corporate. There is a long missing mother who just reappeared after a 40-something year absence. And then, there's Hyde, who somehow manages to be really scary but not totally evil. Check out the change and more information at the BBC America site here.

I am actually finding myself looking forward to next Saturday night to find out what's going to happen next. How long has it been since I've been able to say that about TV? Check it out. It's worth the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....