Saturday, August 04, 2007

Two Odd Days

Yesterday I was too tired to blog when I got home. I spent the morning playing games, including the ever-popular make up an adjective to go with your name and toss a bright pink frog toy around the circle. I am always grumpy about "team building", but these were actually fun. Also, I finally know some of the people I work with. You have no idea how many of us were commenting on the fact that we could now put a name with a face we've been seeing for years now. Even if nothing else came out of it, that made it all worth doing.

Today has been full of weirdness, or at least it has since noon. I slept until around 9:30 and lounged around on the couch for awhile. Then I got up and started doing my "I have other things I should be doing" cleaning routine. I took care of several things that have needed sorting for awhile, and I feel better. I still have to finish up typing my lesson plans and assembling my new lesson plan book, but I decided that I wanted the house to be ordered so I don't have to feel bad when I come in and fall down next week.

The weirdness started when, sans storm, the power went off at 2:30. It stayed off for about an hour. When it came back on, Mom called me, and her cell phone was so garbled, I could not understand her. I decided to err on the side of caution, so I jumped in the car and drove to their house. Apparently, whatever caused my power to go off killed her land line phone and her cell battery was low.

After we got through with that crisis, I came back home and found a red Jeep Cherokee sitting at the end of my neighbor's driveway. Two women were just sitting there in it. I've never seen either of them or the vehicle before. As long as they don't wind up in my yard, I guess it's not my business.

I came in the house and I started working on some of my school work when I began to hear gunshots from the woods across the road. It's not currently any kind of hunting season, and it's way too hot to be out in the woods for funzies, so I have no idea what that was all about. It sounded like a really big weapon. I guess I'll just assume that some of the members of that hunting club got a new gun and wanted to try it out.

Hopefully, that's the end of the weirdness, but it seems to come in waves, so I think I'll just sort of keep an eye out....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....