Sunday, September 09, 2007

Weekends Are Too Short

I need about one more day in my weekend. I wish we could have a three day weekend. Somebody should lobby for that. I don't mean shorten the work week. I mean just create another day.

I can't get everything done on Saturdays and Sundays anymore. I have to clean the house, take care of the yard, run errands, play for church and do the bulletin, and then I also have school work that has to be done as well. I also need at least a little bit of time to relax, so, inevitably something doesn't get done. I go back to school with a dirty house or a bag full of ungraded papers, a yard full of bahaia or dogs that needed to get to the vets. It's frustrating.

I think I foresee a personal day being taken in the near future just so I can catch up with stuff. Hey, they give me several days for personal leave, and if it will keep me from having chain migraines, I think I'm going to take one.

1 comment:

  1. When I worked at the Library and toward the end of the year when we were close to losing our personal or sick days, often *some* of us would come down with a *hangnail*. So I know how you are feeling. Too often though I'd treat myself to an afternoon movie instead of cleaning out my office drawers or closets like I thought I might.

    Now today my closet needs weeding and I have no excuse except that if I throw out all the things I hate I will have about 3 items left in there and no hope that I can find anything I like in a store geographically available to me on my budget. Where's that movie page?

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....