Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Good Things That Happened Today

Because sometimes it's good to commemorate the good stuff....

(Not presented in order or rank, and not intended to imply that these things are comparable in  importance)

1)  I finally got a case of unsweetened Japanese green tea.  ItoEn OiOcha, you ROCK.  I have to dole it out a bottle at a time when I want to go suck it down like oxygen, but it's there, chilling in my fridge. 

2)  We have a snow day tomorrow.  We almost didn't.  The almighty powers that be first announced that the students would have the day but not faculty and staff.  I was trying to figure out how I might be able to ski in over a couple of iced-over bridges if I had to when they revised their earlier statement and magnanimously decided we could all stay home.  How nice.

3)  Somebody called and woke me up when my alarm failed to go off this morning.  My BlackBerry is dying, and I use it as my main alarm clock.  Apparently, it thought it was playing its wakeup tone to beat the band, but no sound was coming out of it.  ANOTHER battery-pull moment....sigh.... The phone call kept me from one of those awkward "I-need-a-sub-'cause-I'm-dumb" moments.

4)  I saw four of my wonderful former students today and got to talk to them my whole lunch period.  It was so good to see them and hear how they're doing with college life.  I love it when I get to talk to my students again.  This bunch is extra special, perhaps because I had them for two years.  They're all finding their way toward such wonderful and exciting things, and getting to sit and talk with them again was a refreshing treat.

5)  I signed up for my pottery class today.  Monday night, I will have my hands in clay learning to form things from earth, water, and fire.  I can hardly believe that it's finally going to happen.  I hope these hands have aptitude for it.  Even if they don't, at least I will have the satisfaction of trying.

6)  I had a perfectly ripe pear today.  Bartletts are my favorite pears, and they are hard to get at that perfect moment of ripe.  They go off so fast.  The one I took in my lunch today was at that moment where it was still a little firm but perfectly sweet and juicy.  I had it this afternoon during my planning period for a snack.  It finished the day off wonderfully.

Despite a few moments of frustration, it was a very good day.  I'm off to enjoy more of it.  If you happened to be a part of making a very good day for me, thank you very, very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....