Saturday, January 23, 2010

Grrr....

I hate it when the inanimate objects malfunction.  My netbook has been wonky for a week or so.  It started with my Google sidebar getting stupid, and it went from there.  I've spent the last four hours systematically fixing one problem after another until I think, now, that I have everything back in its little slot and hole.  It's been like working one of those puzzles where you have to slide all the pieces around to make a complete picture.  I hate those puzzles....

I picked up a virus from somewhere at school, and it came in on my external hard drive.  Muninn brought home something nasty to the nest.  Norton cleaned it out of both Huginn and Muninn, but CRAP this has been a long day computer wise.  I have had to restore the system three times to get all the system functionality back, reinstall Norton (because it just magically and inexplicably dis-a-freakin-peared) and then update and retweak a bunch of stuff.  Sigh.  It's not like I needed a new hobby, either.

I also reset and reinstalled my wireless router because I thought that was the problem.  Oh the invectives I heaped on my poor innocent (this time, anyway) router.

All of this makes me wish I had a big, big hammer that I could use to smash bits off the people who make viruses.  Not all of them.  At least not at first.  Just the soft, painful bits.  Maybe that would be some comfort for a mostly lost Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....