Sunday, August 05, 2012

Busy-ness as Usual

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday passed in an insane blur.  Despite that, I still am not ready for tomorow.  You know.  Business as usual.

I have helped to put together a course syllabus, gone to a day-long meeting about textbooks, worked on my room, rearranged my house after having my floors steam-cleaned, ordered slipcovers, bought supplies...a million little things.  I keep thinking that I am going to hit the tipping point where I can say, yes, at last, everything is done.  This keeps not happening.  There is, instead, just one more item on the list, and one more, and one more....

Last night, I had one of the "pre-school nightmares" that I suppose are obligatory for teachers everywhere.  It was distressing enough to wake me up and keep me up.  Once I get everything rolling for the year, that will stop.  I hope.

Today was another exercise in here, there, and everywhere.  I did laundry, we had Open House at the school, I had to go to Wal-Mart afterward, and then I came back here and repotted various plants that I plan to take to my classroom sooner or later.  One of them is my beautiful jade plant that has been in my classroom two years now.  It almost died after sitting in my car for too long the last day of last year.  It is still pitiful, but I am hoping that the remainder of the summer outside with some care will help it make a comeback.

Now, I am avoiding the last of the school work I need to do for tomorrow.  I found MacGuyver on Netflix, and I am watching it and pretending (not well) that tomorrow isn't coming with combat boots on....  Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....