Monday, August 20, 2012

Mighty Revelations...

(a list.  and a facetious title. prepare yourself.)


  • Tablets that don't work really suck.  Especially when you want one a lot.  It's a tease.  I don't like teases.  Put up or shut up and get out, sweetheart.
  • It's really expensive when the pharmacy fills a scrip that was supposed to be filed instead.
  • The "linen & clean air" scent of Febreeze car air freshener will knock you straight down when it's been sitting in Mississippi August heat all day.
  • A six-pound, fourteen-year-old black cat can whip a seventy-eight pound, year old Pyrenees. (true fact)
  • I regularly wish to be as much of a badass as my six-pound, fourteen-year-old cat.
  • People still amaze me on a regular basis, both with their kindness and faith...and with their lack of both.
  • American TV networks should never, ever try to reproduce successful British shows.  Except  The Office.  That one, I'll give them.
  • I dream of the same weird and incredibly detailed places all the time.  They remind me of deChirico paintings and not in any kind of good way.
  • People are crazy, and times are strange.  I used to care, but things have changed.
  • One of the best feelings in the world is to be clean straight from a hot shower and to slip between cool, fresh sheets.
  • Having a constant camera on my iPhone has made me pay more attention to the world around me.
  • Just once before I die, I want to drive all the way across the country and see things, maybe with an Airstream, even.
  • I do NOT want to see The Possession.  Ever.  Or The Apparition.  Or any other scary movie  dealing with demonic possession that ends in "-shun."  
  • I still want that 440 V8 RoadRunner.
  • The best fountain pen I own cost me about $10.  (Pelikan Pelikano Jr., for the record.)
  • Sometimes nothing but cheese will do.  Interpret that however you like.
  • Wearing blue sparkly polish on my toes makes me feel like dancing.
  • I firmly believe my life would be better if the new seasons of Sherlock, Doctor Who, or Downton Abbey were currently rolling.
  • Slipcovers hide a multitude of sins.
  • Some songs demand broken speed limits.
  • Every time I think about the upcoming election, all I can think of is, "This is IT?  This is ALL?  Oh CRAP, we're in trouble...."
  • I really hate talking to people in the morning.  It's not that I don't love you.  It's that the evil of pre-noon doesn't deserve to be acknowledged verbally.
  • There are days when I would like to wear all my favorite pieces of jewelry at once like a Gypsy queen.  
  • It's not late, but I'm still going to bed.  I roll like that.
(randomness out.  love ya.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....