Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Simply

Simply put,

  • I'm tired today.  Everybody is too excited by the weather, and I have had a hard time getting them settled so we can get things done.  I feel like the day has been ten times as long as it should be.
  • I am worried about the coming storm.  Even though it's nowhere in the same category, I (and everybody else, too, I guess) keep having Katrina flashbacks.  Maybe you always do if you go through something like that.  I cannot help looking at the trees in my yard uneasily and wondering which of them will still be standing when the storm is gone.
  • I am in pain.  My stupid pit bull decided to run as I was trying to untangle her leash from her leg, and the wound I was worried she would receive is across my fingers instead.  The retractable leash extended so fast that by the time I opened my fingers, the damage was already done. I put aloe from my plant on it which finally allowed me to stop crying, but it still looks hideous.
  • I'm ready for the long weekend.  It just can't get here fast enough.  I have started, very gently compared to last year, to need to get away from this place.
That's probably enough for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....