Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Freakin' Wednesdays

To give you an idea of what my day has been, I looked down at my hands as they gripped the steering wheel and had a moment of panic.  The huge amethyst cabochon had fallen out of my ring.  I was home, just about to get out of my car, and as I moved to get out, I saw the stone on the  floormat.  I don't know when exactly it decided to leap out, but at least I found it.  It would have broken my heart otherwise.

The whole day has been a massive list of the bizarre, the irritating, and the wearying.  I spent all my lunch and about a quarter of my planning period detangling the massive knot of charger cords on the laptop cart.  There's a charger cord missing quite inexplicably.  I ran out of white paper, went to my car before school to get some of what I'd just bought out of the back...and discovered that I had somehow managed to buy 8 1/2 by 14" paper, a size my printer won't run.  When I went to buy paper at Office Thing, I wanted to recycle some old ink cartridges, too.  They had burst in the bag and the blue ink leaked on my fingers and stained them.  I was so distracted and rushed this morning that I forgot to put in earrings.  Just a whole drawerful of little things, really, typically Wednesday things....

Fortunately, all of that has been somewhat offset by some good things, too.  My students so far this year seem like they're going to be really good.  I'm going to be able to get all my students school Gmail.  I used Remind101 for the first time today.  The seniors were excellent in the assembly, almost spookily so.

I'm tired now after a long day and dealing with Wednesday in general and then having to go to Office Thing after work.  Maybe the worst of Wednesday is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....