Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Fairy Tale

Although it's been a long time since I could say it is true, today I found myself believing in the Fairy  Tale again.  Maybe it's a product of my having caught the last part of the BBC's Pride and Prejudice, the season 2 finale of Downton Abbey, and Pure Country all in one week.  I don't know.  Suddenly, for the first time in ages, I don't want to laugh and throw things at all the happy endings.

I am still pretty dubious about winding up with one myself, but it doesn't seem preposterous in general.  It feels good to see things positively again.  It's part of a larger trend.  I came home yesterday afternoon, and even though it was Friday after a very long week, I still had energy enough to sing along with the radio.

I'm not sure what all has made the difference, but I'm grateful for it.  I feel like myself for the first time in a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....