Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Heart in My Throat

I just pressed send on one of the biggest requests I've ever made of an employer.  My heart is in my throat now as the waiting begins.

I want to apply for a Fulbright, but I am going to have to have the backing of my district to be able to participate, and I know that what I'm asking for is a huge, huge thing.  I truly believe that I am competitive for it.  I am by no means the best there will ever be, and I'm sure there are people who have done more to ready them for it.  I am not going to put myself down, though.  I want it.  I have wanted it for quite some time.  Therefore, I am going to simply close my eyes and go after it.

But I can't stop the birds-in-too-small-a-cage fluttering my heart is doing....

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....