Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hello, Hello

Hello, hello (¡Hola!)
I'm at a place called Vertigo (¿Dónde está?)
It's everything I wish I didn't know
 ~ from "Vertigo" by U2

The world continues to spin at inopportune moments.  Yesterday was a good day, and I thought this was done.  I drove to school, I took my classes on tours of the new ninth-grade building, a trip that involved many trips up and down stairs, and I only felt dizzy a couple of times.  I even went to a holiday party last night, and I did okay there, too. I guess I'm making up for it today in abundance, though, because I can't seem even to look across the room without the room tilting and spinning. 

I'm trying to keep a sense of humor about it, though.  It's a little like being on a roller coaster, only I didn't have to go stand in a big stupid line.  There is always that. I have my own personal theme park with all the danger rides I could want in my head.  All I have to do to "take a ride" is sort of tilt my head or stand up....  Whoo-hoo!

Really.  This needs to quit.  I need it to stop.  I don't want to be a disabled person, and that's the way this is heading.  I need to be going to the grocery store right now, and I can't.  I don't want other people to have to cart me around or do for me.  Therefore, the amusement part needs to shut down for the season.  I have other things to attend to at this time. 

We'll see how far logic and firm determination get me with this....  I'm going to take an Anti-Vert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....