Saturday, December 12, 2009

The New Jo-Ann, or Hello, Welcome to Our Store. I'll Be Hoovering Your Wallet Now

I had dinner with Mom last night, and afterward we decided to go to the new craft store in town, Jo-Ann.  I've been wanting to go for awhile, but I haven't had a chance to get in there.  It was so nice to have a craft store.  Granted, it's a small one; we don't get large stores here, but they have fabric, paper, yarn and everything wonderful to make things.  I was so happy.  The only thing I could have wished them to have that they didn't was stained glass stuff, but I pretty much knew they wouldn't handle that.  It's very specialized, and I am lucky that Hobby Lobby in Jackson carries any of it, really. 

I have a problem when I go in craft stores, though.  Every single thing looks good.  This is the same problem I have in book stores.  I walk up and down the aisles thinking, "You know, I could do something with that," or, "I haven't done that in so long.  I should really get some supplies for it and do a project this weekend."  Into the cart go all kinds of goodies....  By the time I got to the checkout, I had quite an impressive assortment of odds and ends in the basket.  I gritted my teeth and handed over my card.s  Oh well.  At least I have something to keep me occupied now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....