Monday, December 28, 2009

The Sound of Madness

This song has been stuck in my head for three days now.  It is just on the verge of literally becoming the sound of madness for me.  The very first time I heard the lyrics on the rock station I tune in early in the morning from a far-away college town with a real rock radio, I liked it.  The reminder that the "darkest hour doesn't come in the night" and "when are you gonna wake up and fight...for yourself" are powerful indictments of self-pity.  Since I frequently sympathize with the guy wailing, "I created the sound of madness, wrote the book on pain," and get tired of people using their individual crap-situations as a reason not to do things, not to push forward, not to try, I guess that might be part of the draw of this song for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....