Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Today

Today, I had a day.  It was a day like I haven't had before.  I'm not talking about one full of minor irritations or petty nonsense.  I'm talking about a D-A-Y, an adrenaline-spiking, heart-wrenching, soul-crushing day.  If it seems like I'm being vague, you're right.  And it's going to continue, so keep reading or click out.  You choose. 

At the end of today, I felt like sitting on my floor and running my fingers over the patterns in the tile, looking for connections and meaning in the chaos of little broken dots that appear there.  But I didn't. Instead, I wrote a poem that might be the best thing I've written in months.  Instead, I turned out the light, closed the door and locked it securely and left.  Instead, I went to Dollar Tree and walked around in a daze, bought colored paper clips and PEZ, a Diet Coke and some holographic tissue paper.

If tomorrow is like today was, I think, quite frankly, I'm going to lose whatever shreds I have left of my poor befuddled mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....