Sunday, August 08, 2010

Bridget Jones

I saw the tail-end of Bridget Jones' Diary on BBC America (and yes, I do watch that network an inordinate amount, perhaps.  Sue me. Or send me across the pond.  Anyhoo), and I had forgotten how funny it was.  One of my favorite lines is the last exchange between Bridget and Mark Darcy.  Bridget finally kisses him after who knows how many misunderstanding and squirm-worthy scenes of embarrassment and personal pain, and since it's COLIN FIRTH, a man who I personally would pay good money and lots of it just to listen to him read names from the phone book because I mean Have You Looked At Him????, it's a truly meltable one.  She leans back and says, "Nice boys don't kiss like that."  His reply, delivered in that gorgeous voice of his with the slightest of smiles, is, "Oh yes they f---g do."  Mmm.... 

So maybe this little entry isn't so much about Bridget as it is about Colin Firth, Mark Darcy, Mr. Darcy, and the desire to find a nice guy who understands and can live up to that last statement.  Wonder if there are any of them around?  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....