Saturday, August 28, 2010

Camera Plans

I haven't had a chance to go out and play with my camera since school started.  As I suspected, all other forms of life ended when school began.  I've intended for the past two weekends to go somewhere and do something with the Nikon, but I've been so exhausted or had other things to do (like beating down the green jungle outside) that have prevented me from being able to go play. 


Yesterday before I left to go to work, I put the battery for the Nikon on charge so whatever I got to do this weekend, I'd be ready to take the camera.  Today wound up being a rainy day of dogs to the vet and then TV and couch, so I didn't get out with it.  Tomorrow, though, I think I'm going to try to go up to our country place and take some photos there.

I'm anxious to try out the new strap I got from an Etsy seller called Phat Straps.  I replaced a Tamrac one I liked with a much longer one that I think will be more comfortable.  The camera should sling across my body now more easily, the way I prefer to carry it when I am not holding it in my hand to shoot.  The Tamrac cut into my neck and it was just a couple of inches too short to maneuver into the cross-body style comfortably.  

Every day I come in and I hang my purse up on the hook where my camera bag also rests.  I run my hand down the strap of my go-bag for the camera, and I touch the little bell/charm I got at the Toyokawa Inari shrine that I keep on it.  I think, "Soon."  I have pictures that I took at the end of summer around Meridian up on my new school laptop as the changing wallpaper in Windows 7 (one of my favorite things about 7), and I get to enjoy them that way, too. 

I want to go somewhere, anywhere, really, that I can just walk around with my camera in hand and get some interesting things "on film."  (How odd that's not the appropriate phrase anymore!)  I can spend a whole day doing that.  It's a shame I don't have better control over that Nikon.  Maybe I can take a class in photography when my pottery class ends.  In the meanwhile, I can just enjoy my little excursions and the simple joy of making the plans to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....