Saturday, August 21, 2010

Natural Rough Diamond Earrings by artifactum on Etsy

Natural Rough Diamond Earrings by artifactum on Etsy
I finally found a pair of diamond studs that I both really like and can also afford. I know the stones in these aren't super valuable since they're uncut and therefore probably flawed, low-grade, etc., but they appeal to me so much. I always tell my writing students that they are uncut diamonds and that it is my job to help shape them so they shine, and that was the first thing that jumped into my mind when I saw these. I also think of myself as something a bit rough and unpolished, too, so although I have always loved the classic elegance of diamond studs, I don't know if I can pull that look off personally. Let's face it; I have many charming qualities, but "poshness" isn't one of them. Diamonds are a bit like a string of pearls. They're undoubtedly lovely, but they're not quite me, perhaps. These, however, are understated and symbolic, and of course, that appeals to me on almost every level. I'll have these as my "payday splurge" soon. I think they will go with almost everything, just like diamond studs, however one likes hers fashioned, ought to do.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting blog. It would be great if you can provide more details about it. Thanks you.

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....