Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Tuesdays Are from Hell

Today was another classic example of a day I should have skipped.  Let me rephrase. It was an example of a day I should have peeked out the window at timidly, studied carefully, then ran from, screaming at the top of my lungs.  It was full of drama, revelations, moments of panic, and pure-D hell.

I'm tired of that.  I'm tired of having bad Tuesdays.  I am tired of earth-shattering revelations and casual betrayals happening on a regular basis.  I want a change.  Today's was so great that I almost caused a change myself.  Had I had just slightly less self-control, I would have had that change for better or worse. 

There were a couple of bright spots:  a visit from a precious former student, a moment brought to me courtesy of someone I know.  By and large, though, grim determination and fortitude were the name of the game.  It's a game I'm not sure I can play much longer.  It wears you down after awhile, and I'm all but down to the bare bones as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....