Thursday, March 08, 2012

Ireland Again

After a seven-hour layover in Newark, NJ, of all places, here I am again.  I'm still stuck in an airport.  We have a bit of a layover here, too, waiting on things to open and other tour groups to arrive.  Doesn't matter.  The bad part, the flights themselves, is over.  No more knees in seats.  No more people I don't know stuck way too close to me.  As much as I love to travel, I do hate to fly.

Well, of course, except for that one moment when the plane leaves the ground and suddenly you're not a part of the earthbound anymore.  That has always been and will always be magical to me.  I look for it in every flight, the time when Bernoulli's principal takes us and makes us free.  It always makes me smile.  I guess it's as close to bird-dom as I'll get.

I'm going to go find some breakfast now, take my missed pills.  I am looking forward to a wonderful day.  More bloggage to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....