Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Various


  • At some point last night, I woke up with Yoda, my aged black cat, more or less sitting on my head.  She likes to curl around the crown of my head as I sleep, I suppose because of the body heat loss thing, but it was an odd sensation to wake up to, I must say.  Usually she stays on the pillow.  I don't know if I got too rambunctious in my tossing and turning or she got too cold, but she sort of draped herself over me a bit.  I think we're both hoping she doesn't choose to repeat it.  I didn't exactly respond well to being pinned down in that way.  She didn't exactly respond well to being thrown off in such an undignified manner....
  • I'm much better today, Topamax-wise.  The fog has backed off, and I'm able to process the world as clearly as I ever can.  Everything seems a little bit too bright today, but that may just be because it is an incredibly sunny and lovely day and I have the blinds open.  Or maybe it's my photosensitivity.  Who the hell knows?  It's a neverending funorama over here. 
  • Good thing with students:  I gave a bellringer prompt today asking them to write as if they were 70 or 80 years old and fuss about the "kids today."  It wound up being a riot.  They did voices.  They did "slang."  I laughed a lot.
  • Bad thing with students:  Several of my AP students decided just not to come yesterday because there was a test that they weren't ready for.  I am soul-sick.  And disappointed.  And tired.  Very, very tired.
  • I want a Fiat 500 Abarth.  Why?  Because it is small, cute, and fast as a bat out of perdition.  Also because they give you a day of training with a professional driver when you purchase one.  I want him (or her) to teach me how to powerslide.  Yeeeeeah.  
  • I'm going to have something sweet tonight with dinner.  My fortune cookie Sunday told me I deserve dessert; by gum, I'm going to have it tonight.  I crave something ridiculous, maybe cheesecake-y?  I have had nothing of the sort for days and days.  TODAY, I MAKE ALL MY FORTUNE COOKIES COME TRUE!  (well, that one at least.  if anybody would like to volunteer for the others, let me know, particularly the ones concerning insane wealth, lasting happiness, or tall blue-eyed guys who are devoted to me)
  • Saturday and Sunday I reread the first two books of The Hunger Games series.  I almost got through book three again, too.  I should finish it tonight.  I had forgotten how good they were.  For what they are, YA Fiction, they're well-done.  I don't know if the movie is as good, but I wanted to reread them before I think about venturing forth to see it.  And, believe it or not, I just might venture forth.  (that sound you heard?  that was the foundations of the earth cracking open...)
  • I'm headed back to Moundville this weekend.  There is a fantastic show Saturday of Native American potters.  I can't wait to see it.  Si Dios quiere, I will be there doing what I love the most, taking pictures and reveling in first-class craftsmanship.  It should be amazing.  I've never seen an exposition of just Native American pottery, much less live demonstration.  Add the setting, and, well, how could I NOT go?
I think you're up-to-date.  Unless you're helping to make my fortune cookie come true, I think that's all you need to know.  If you're that guy who's volunteering for that, well, click below, darlin'......

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....