Thursday, March 29, 2012

Laughter

I graded like a madwoman today.  I turned out a set of essays and two sets of essay tests.  I was the queen of the red pen.

While this meant I got a lot of stuff done and felt a great deal of satisfaction from clearing the paperwork, I can't say it made me very happy otherwise.  I was feeling very depressed with the end-of-the-year results of the grading until I came across one paper in particular.  The student apparently had just decided to have fun with the answers he didn't know.  By the time I was in the middle of it, I was laughing out loud.  It made me feel better.  I'll take humor and absurdity over desperation and despair any day.

When I left, I'd finished all the work, recorded the grades in the book, and gotten everything ready to return to the students tomorrow.  I hope they will find something amusing in their grades.  I sort of have my doubts, but, well, who knows?  I guess it's always possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....