Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bad Behavior

I am not good at meetings. Today after school we had another staff development meeting, and I just couldn't have cared less. All I wanted to do was be in my room and get some work done. Yesterday, I had to go home right after school because my jaws were hurting so much from the dentistry on Monday. Today, I needed to catch up.

I am afraid I was very rude. I had my laptop and I was using it in the notebook setting to draw and doodle on. Originally, I had it out to take notes, but there were no notes to take. I drew and drew.

I swear I was listening, but I am aware that I probably didn't appear to be. I can't seem to help this bad meeting behavior. I have to draw or do something with my hands or I just go crazy. Sometimes, I fold origami cranes. I think that it would be nicer to doodle than to fill the table with tiny paper birds.

I don't know why I hate meetings so much. I think I always resent the lost time. To me, talking about stuff usually doesn't actually result in getting anything done. Most meetings could be taken care of in 15 minutes or with a well-written memo.

Regardless, I think I need to reevaluate the way I act in those meetings. They're a part of my professional life now, and I guess I need to stop the bad behavior. I can't promise there won't be more paper birds, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....