Monday, August 07, 2006

Technology Problems

"Well, it was working just fine yesterday..."

We've got our projectors and we've got our laptops, and today we didn't even have basic, hardwired connection to the big server. It was just Monday all over the place. Technology came by the room twice, and the second time, I think the worst of the problems were resolved. I would NOT want to be Technology right now. They're darting all over campus looking frazzled. These wireless projectors are kind of tricky, apparently.

There's not much to tell about the day. Everything is still moving right along, but it was only day two. I did notice that the new copier is already on the fritz. I hope someone gave it whatever the machine version of last rights is before they shipped it to us. We kill copiers pretty fast. It's a real shame, too, because this one kicked butt.

Well, I was awakened at 4 a.m. with Missy barking at distant coyotes, had to take a dead mouse Pearl had caught out at 5 a.m. while I was still in my p.j.s, and had an 80 degree classroom most of the day due to a/c weirdness, so I'm pretty tired. Tomorrow will be Tuesday, and maybe it won't be as full of mechanical failures. If it doesn't, I think we're going to have to have some religious person come and lift the Machine Curse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....