Tuesday, August 01, 2006

When You Probably Shouldn't Write At All

Alternately titled: Why didn't I have a Mountain Dew first?

I went back over that last entry and was appalled at the simple errors I let slide. I thought I'd proofread it, but apparently, I skimmed it, spell checked it, and published it with heinous grammatical problems. Oops.

I should have had a Diet Mountain Dew this morning. I'd have been a lot more alert. Some mornings, I crave hot tea, Earl Grey or straight Japanese green. Some days, though, hot liquids and Mississippi's 100+ degree hot and muggy climate don't mix well. Those mornings, those terrible mornings where my alarm clock seems to shriek moments after I closed my eyes, I have a Mountain Dew.

I know it's not the standard choice for caffeine intake. Somehow, though, I managed to get all the way through graduate school and seven years of teaching without developing a taste for coffee. I love the smell of it, but coffee hurts me if I drink it. Besides, Mountain Dew is all fizzy and green. How can you beat that?

Well, before this becomes a hymn in praise of carbonated caffeine, I suppose I had better take myself off to bed. Tomorrow will be another long day of meetings, and if I get some rest, I might just be able to endure them without running down the halls screaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....