Monday, August 28, 2006

Teacher Lady and Me

I'm slowly being devoured. The teacher is taking me over. I am at school until 5:00 or 5:30 every day, and everything I do seems to revolve around teaching. I'm always preparing to teach, teaching, or recovering from teaching.

I am uncomfortable with this, but I don't know how to stop it. I don't know if I even can stop it. I like to be passionate about my teaching, but there has to be something else. I am risking burn out if there's nothing else.

I wish I had something that could help me refill and refresh, something artish. I would love to take a pottery class, or one in photography, something that would force me to leave school totally behind. I always say I'm going to do something here at home, but what really happens is that I crash on the couch and do nothing.

It's a question of balance, I guess, and I've yet to find mine. I hope I find it before the Teacher Lady subsumes all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....