Monday, August 21, 2006

Full Plate

There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want. ~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

I have too much going on, and it's only the third week of school. Today, I was at school until 5:30, and as I drove home, I realized that I'd been there almost twelve hours. Why can't I get anything done faster? Other teachers go home at 3:30 or so. Why am I always there so long?

Today, I finished up a packet of material for a parent-teacher night upcoming, photocopied masters to send to print shop, pulled and formatted poems for assignments on Wednesday, corresponded with parents of absent students, was an impromptu website consultant, cleaned my room, and oh yeah, taught some. Once these classes I'm taking at night really get rolling, I don't know what I'm going to do.

How far along are they with that cloning thing?

Anyway, I got home in time to see Law and Order and watch the toothsome (oh, how I love words and that big, wonderful man) Vincent D'Onofrio. I took a long shower and am currently being mugged by Dillon, so life is pretty good. Soon it will be bedtime to enable me get up tomorrow and do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....