Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Passing Thought

Today I wanted to talk to someone quite a lot.  I woke up sick with a migraine looming, but oddly, this person was so much on my mind.  And so there they stayed all day.  Granted, I was so busy today fighting off the sick, dealing with the usual assortment of classroom circus acts, and flailing hither, thither, and yon to get all my responsibilities met that I had few free moments for it stick its hand up and wave for attention.  In the relative stillness of my car on the way home, though, that want came back.  So far, I've ruthlessly ignored it.  I've watched a movie, fought with a laptop, downloaded some music, updated a few files, toyed with my Cricut.  Now it's time for bed.  The desire to talk to that person is shrugging its shoulders, folding its hands, and resting its case.  Maybe I should have intruded into their day.  I couldn't make myself believe it was a good thing to do, though.

Yeah.

Sometimes life is a lot more ridiculous than it looks from the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....