Sunday, September 02, 2012

Quickly

There's more to tell, but I have to go to church in a minute to play for night services.  Today, I decided that I needed a dedicated workspace for school stuff.  I am tired of working in my lap or at my dining table.  I packed myself up in my little blue car after lunch with Mom and Dad and went to my favorite junktique.  I pretty much knew what I was looking for, but I never expected to find it so fast.  I got a small enamel-top table with a drawer, and then as I made a quick circuit of the huge place to make sure I didn't see something better suited, I ran across a wooden captain's chair somebody had painted a bright, cheerful teal.  The color matches the speckled edge of the enamel table, so I grabbed it, too.

There was a moment of concern when it came time to load the table in my car, but again, it managed to hold more than it probably really ought to be able to hold, and I came home.  I put my new small metal donkey (from Prairie Arts yesterday) and assorted other desk things on it including a good work light.  I've been grading papers there ever since, of course, with plenty of feline assistance.  I can finally get things done here at home.

I have more to tell about the past few days, but right now, I have to go try to get meaningful noise out of a musical instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....