Thursday, September 27, 2012

Mouse Shower

(which, by the way, I think would be a totally awesome band name)

This morning, I had more trouble than usual focusing and waking up.  I stumbled into the shower, and turned the water on.  As I was washing my hair, I glanced into the corner under the shower curtain, and I saw something odd, a grey spot that shouldn't be there.

I paused, blinked, looked again, and the spot moved.  This is not comforting when you are in as vulnerable a position as you are when you're in the shower.  Looking through the distortion of the clear liner, I figured out that what I was looking at was a small field mouse.

I decided at that point to get out of the shower.

I wasn't scared, but I kept having this image of the mouse running up my leg trying to get away from the soap and water.  I grabbed the big plastic cup I keep in the bathroom for rinsing the sides of the tub when I scrub it, and I looked around for something thin but strong and waterproof to slide under it to form a trap.  The only thing I could think of was my Cricut mat.  I took it, placed the cup gently over the unmoving mouse, slipped the mat under it, and I hustled him outside to a less-watery freedom.  Then I came back to the shower to enjoy rodent-free cleanness.

Any day that starts out with a mouse in your bath probably isn't going to be the best.  It really lived up to its start.  The polite, damp, little mouse was actually a high point.  That should tell you everything else about today that you need to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....