Sunday, September 30, 2012

Just Another Rainy Sunday

Yesterday, I spent all day cleaning.  I had friends coming over for dinner for the first time in about three years, and of course, that meant a massive purging and cleansing of my whole house.  I didn't mind the work.  It needed doing.  Having them here for the simple meal we shared made it worth it all over again.  It's been far too long since we put aside our daily lives and made time for each other.

Today, I woke at my customary 5:00 to the sweet sound of rain on the roof.  I rolled back over and slept until 8:00.  After that, I moved to the couch and caught up on Warehouse 13 and part of the Doctor Who I have missed.  It was nice to have nothing sitting on my shoulders demanding my attention.  Only grading, that constant burden in my life, remained.

After dinner with my parents, I took a nap.  I felt even then that my head was not as it should be.  I hoped that sleep would reset all the fizzing connections, but when I got up, the pain was threatening like the rumble of thunder from a storm sliding over the hills toward me.  I walked the dogs with a Maxalt in my pocket, trying to figure out whether or not I would take it and the inevitable side effects that always accompany it.

When the pain started jumping up and down with its delicate little icepick spikes, I relented and took the pill.  Now, I'm just floating.  Most of the pain is gone, but I just want to sleep.

So I'm listening to my two new albums (I got the new Avett Bros and the new Mumford for a payday treat), and I'm trying to focus enough to plow through some of these papers.  Hopefully tomorrow won't be a repeat of today.  Migraines at home are one thing; migraines at school are altogether another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....