Tuesday, September 11, 2012

What's Going On

A list.  It's all I am capable of.


  • Migraine.  Big, bad, nasty one.  It caught me in Wal-Mart, doubling my misery, and then I had to wait at the checkout while a manager was called repeatedly to come and open a security box for an ink cartridge.  I finally left the cartridge and fled to the car for my medicine.
  • iPad.  I love it more and more.  It lets me do so many things on the move in my classroom.  Today, I used it to show parents grades on my desktop and to adjust things by way of makeup grades and so on as needed.  There are some distinct limitations to what I can do on it, but it's a great tool.  Plus...
  • Doodle Jump and Fruit Ninja.  God help me.  I can't stop playing them.  
  • Fall Weather.  I have the windows open and the attic fan on.  It's delightful.  I got to wear my new Birki clogs, and today I even put on a scarf.  I hope this weather sticks around awhile.
  • Eggplant Parmesan.  I came home from a long day of school followed by Parent Teacher Conferences, and I was thinking in the simplest possible terms of supper:  peanut butter and jelly.  I opened the freezer to look for an option, and there, waiting like a surprise gift, was a frozen eggplant parm I'd forgotten I'd bought as a payday splurge.  It was doubly good for that.
  • DVR.  Last night's headache made me forget about one of the few TV shows I watch with regularity, Warehouse 13.  It occurred to me on the way home today that I'd missed it.  Then it came to me.  Even though I was out of it doesn't mean my DVR was.
  • Well-groomed lawn.  It's a simple and cheap pleasure to walk through my yards now that the grass has been cut.  It's so pretty that I don't know why I don't do it more often.
  • Tired.  So achingly, miserably tired.  Doesn't matter how much I sleep.  It's still there.  I'd like to curl up in ball in the middle of my bed with the cool air washing over me and sleep for days.
  • Busy. Meetings and tests and plans, oh my.  Meetings and tests and plans, oh my.  (And me without any red sparkly shoes....)   
A few more stubborn minutes of Downton Abbey, and that's all for me for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....