Monday, September 24, 2012

Bad Moon Risen

(Yeah.  I know that's not the title of the song.  Still.)

Last night, I got to bed late because I stayed up working on stuff.  When I finally did get to bed, I had nightmares all night.  They were the horrible kind, the wake you up, but not quite enough to make you understand everything that jarred you wasn't real.  There aren't too many places worse than that grey fuzzy place where you still feel sick and sad, where you're still grieving or afraid.  I would wake up, slowly focus on the spill of moonlight moving across the bed, find my alarm clock, and try to roll over again.

I was off my game all day today from lack of sleep.  I hope tomorrow will be a better day.  Maybe tonight the devil moon will leave me alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....