Thursday, September 03, 2009

ARGH Days

Technology was the foe today. All the cables were too short. The wireless connection kept dropping at the least convenient moment. All the ethernet ports in my room have mysteriously died. The screen and projector in my room are facing the wrong way. My laptop is acting suspiciously. Everything conspired to make me frustrated and off-balance.

By now, I should have learned to let these days go with grace and a chuckle. Instead, I was frazzled by the time I got to second period. Once again, I'm doing my juggler-at-the-edge-of-the-abyss routine, and I have to stop trying to do every blessed thing in the world myself. It's such an arrogance. I'm home and tired, too tired to enjoy the things I most wanted to do tonight, of course. I'm going to work on some writing I want to do anyway. I've got the White Stripes cranked up to an obscene level. Maybe I can borrow some energy from Jack.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....