Friday, September 18, 2009

Magic

I think I said I'd put this up. I still don't know if I like it. It is still evolving...I just added a line as I put it up on the blog, and I might well take it out again next time I do something with it. I may stick this one back on the back burner for awhile. Comments are welcome.

MAGIC

I’m going to conjure you

write your secret name
in sacred symbols
three times
bind it with scarlet and silver
put it under my pillow
stroke my fingers over your knotwork
in the still and silent hours

Don’t be fickle or cruel
in those moments when
the moon spills over
the world breathes
lying listening for
the rustle of wings

Amused half-cat-smile
cerulean archangel eyes
Curl those hands in invitation

The oldest magic
will bind us together
breath and soul
even if the stars
fall from the sky
tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....