Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The First Cool Day

I woke up this morning and it was only about 59 degrees. Tasty weather. I love autumn. It's my favorite season, and it's all too often one that we lose here in the Deep South. I love the cool mornings and evenings when I can open my windows and air out the house, listen to the crickets and frogs singing. It's wonderful. I feel energized, long to be outdoors, even willing to do yardwork.

I came home early this afternoon just so I could open up all the windows and enjoy the air. Even driving home, before I got on the interstate, I was riding with my car windows down, too. It was great. I hope we will actually have a long and wonderful fall before the wet cold of winter sets in. It would be nice for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....