Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Gorgeous Voice

You may have read my brief commentary on the Four Corners free sampler from Amazon the other day. On it, I found an artist named Sara Tavares. Her voice and acoustic guitar are absolutely haunting. She is from Cape Verde, a nation I am ashamed to say I knew nothing about until I used Wikipedia to correct my ignorance. I recognized her lyrics in some of the songs as Portuguese, one of my favorite languages I don't speak, but I was off about the location of her origin. I'm sure there is also Kriolu, the Cape Verde Portuguese Creole, there, too, but I don't know enough about Portuguese to sort it all out. It's all so liquid and lovely to my ears that it doesn't make an appreciable difference, anyway. I love Portuguese, so I bet its derivatives are beautiful, too. Anyway, check Sara out. Her stuff is gorgeous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....