Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Throwing It Down and Walking Away

Things I enjoy have become a chore, so I'm throwing them down and walking away from them for a little while. Some of my writing, something I've been loving lately, has become a source of pressure instead of pleasure, and I can tell that in the quality of it, so I'm going to just take a break from it. I have been turning out huge chunks of stuff lately, and until the last week, it has felt good to do it. Last week, though, it started to feel like a chore, something I had to come home and do. I think I'd rather take a long vacation and come back to it with fresh eyes. Maybe it will become a joy again.

In the meanwhile, I went shopping at my favorite office store this afternoon, got Mexican takeout, and ordered a new book on my Kindle. I've been writing instead of reading lately. I am looking forward to consuming instead of producing. It will be a nice change.

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....