Sunday, September 27, 2009

More Stuff I'm Using My iPod For

Two more apps that are making me very, very happy...

Maneki Neko Lite -- Yeah, somebody out there programmed an animated maneki neko. Love it. It gives you a fortune every day. It makes me laugh. Other than this, it is totally and utterly useless, but I now have a neko on my phone. Classic.

iBird Explorer South -- This is a field guide for bird watchers, and it is seven kinds of good. It has drawings, calls, and photos in it. I used it today while my parents and I were having lunch to settle a long-running argument we've had about whether or not a bird they've been seeing was a golden eagle, one of the ones recently released at a wildlife sanctuary nearby. Apparently it was. I also drove their dog insane with the crow call. It was a good day....

One more I'll mention, even though I only said two at the top -- I got iLava. I know that makes me even geekier than I was before, but *sigh* you know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....