Monday, September 19, 2011

But, Anyway...

So I'm fixing a lingering case of the blues the best way I know how:

  • My stereo is making things rattle on my shelves.  Dance music is good for bad moods.  Right now, I like Maroon 5 for this.  Later on, I might shift into some disco or some 80s stuff, but truth right now, it's amazing how good Maroon 5 sounds really loud.  I am totally in love with "Moves Like Jagger" right now.  I wish I had a small car with a very good engine to drive this song like it deserves to be driven, something like that luscious Nissan they had on tonight that could get to 60 in 3 seconds.  I could be in Jackson in about fifteen minutes, barring the interference of law enforcement.
  • Orange slices.  They remind me of both my Nana and my Granny.  Both of them always had them around.  I found a bag at Big Lots, and I rediscovered what was left of it in my pantry just a few minutes ago.  Total freaking score.
  • TopGear.  I have the sound off and I'm watching Hammond, Clarkson, and May blow crap up.  God, I love them.  They've had them on all night, the episode where they try to make a train out of a car and now the new episode where they're doing demolition.  I got to see Mr. Bean become their fastest driver ever.  Fantastic.
  • Gradual refusal to deal with crap that makes me sick. This includes people.  Tricky bit this, but I'm getting there.  
  • New Murakami novel waiting for me on my Kindle, Norwegian Woods.  

I'm going to listen to my loud music, eat my orange slices, and disappear down a Japanese rabbit hole the rest of the evening. At some point, I will probably get up and dance around my living room in a ridiculous fashion.  (I REALLY need to find somebody to go out dancing with.  But everybody is either married or short.  It's a problem.)  Tomorrow, I have a neurologist's appointment, so we'll see what fun that brings.  Who knows?  I'm not anticipating any "new news," but if everything goes to crap, well.... I can always stop somewhere and get another bag of candy....  O_o

No comments:

Post a Comment

And then you said.....