Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Wings

Last night I dreamt that I grew wings
I found a place where they could hear me when I sing
~ "Wings" Josh Ritter
(probably in my top three favorite songs by him now)

I still have to clear a rather thorough medical exam (which, of course, all things being what they are with me... well...), but that aside, I have been accepted into the Teachers for Global Classrooms exchange program.  Happy doesn't even cover it.  Somebody somewhere thinks I'm worth something professionally.  Imagine it.

I don't know yet which of three countries I put on my list that I might be sent to, but you know how I feel about that.  Anyplace, everyplace is a miracle.  I can't wait.

I will also get to go to Washington...twice, once right around my birthday.  Sounds much better than the way I usually spend them, no?  I don't know if I'll have any time to do anything other than just be there for the preparatory meetings, but I'm praying I can get into a wing of the Smithsonian, maybe even for an hour....

I can't believe I got into this.  It was just something I took a chance on despite being so discouraged about it (about everything, really), found out about so quickly, threw my application for together while I was at the Reading and never believed I'd be truly competitive for as an individual or as an educator thanks to the absolute beating I'd taken during the months that had gone before.  I'm so glad, so very, very glad I'm getting this chance.  It will keep me going through whatever else comes my way now, wings to soar upon, indeed.  It's wonderful, wonderful, wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:54 PM CDT

    Oh, this is wonderful, inspirational news! I'm excited for you.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete

And then you said.....